How to get a COVID test sent to your home
RALEIGH, NC (WNCN) – With long and dangerous queues for people to take a COVID-19 test, many are looking for alternatives. The North Carolina Home Testing Program may be an option.
In partnership with LabCorp, test kits are shipped overnight via FedEx. Kits include instructions for collecting your sample. Kits also include instructions for registering your kit online. Your sample is then returned using the included prepaid shipping envelope. The results are available online within two days.
Home testing can be provided by requesting online (click here to request) or through some of the state’s local disability services partners:
- Stevens Center (Lee and Harnett County)
- Haywood Vocational Opportunities Inc. (Haywood County)
- Martin Enterprises (Martin County)
- Disability Advocacy Center (Guilford, Alamance, Caswell, Randolph and Rockingham counties)
Anyone 18 and over can request a test kit. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian who requests one for them.
Another option for having a home test delivered to you is to order one online from a pharmacy. Several online and physical stores have placed limits on the number of stores that can be purchased. The internet is inundated with home tests, but not all of them are FDA cleared. Below are the tests approved by the FDA for home use:
- BinaxNOW self-test for COVID-19 antigen
- BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Testing
- BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card 2 home test
- Access Bio, Inc. – CareStart COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
- ACON Laboratories, Inc – Flowflex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) – BD Veritor Home COVID-19 Test
- Celltrion USA, Inc. – Celltrion DiaTrust COVID-19 Ag Home Test
- Cue Health Inc. – COVID-19 Test Cue for Home and Over-the-Counter (OTC) Use
- Detect, Inc. – Detect Covid-19 Test
- Ellume Limited – Ellume COVID-19 Home Test
- iHealth Labs, Inc. – iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid
- InBios International Inc.
- Lucira CHECK-IT COVID-19 Test Kit
- Lucira COVID-19 All-in-One Test Kit (Prescription)
- InteliSwab COVID-19 rapid test
- InteliSwab COVID-19 Rx rapid test
- QuickVue Home OTC COVID-19 Test
- QuickVue Home COVID-19 Test